Creating and sending a group email
Print these instructions for reference if you are interested in sending a group email to the people on one of the existing distribution lists.
If you want first to create a distribution list, look in the Website Help section of the main menu for instructions on doing that.
Assuming the distribution list you need has already been created, follow these steps to send an email to all members on the distribution list of interest:
TO SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON A DISTRIBUTION LIST
1. Click on the "Administration Login" link
2. Enter your email and password
3. Click the "Canandaigua Rotary" link
4. Click "Main Menu" at the top left of the page
5. Click "Email Communications"
6. On the To: line, if you want to send your email to all members, check the All Members box. Otherwise, if you want to send to a specific distribution list, check the little Distribution List box and then select the list you want from the drop down list by clicking the little arrow and highlighting the list you want. Dont forget to check that little distribution list box -- you can't just select a list from the dropdown list withoug checking that little box -- it won't work.
7. Type the subject of your email
8. In the big window at the bottom, type your message. If that is all you want to send, skip to step 9 below.
If you want to link to, for example, a pdf document, then as part of our message, then follow steps A-F:
A. Put your cursor where you want to place your link and type in the description such as October 2013 Report
B. Drag your cursor over the description you just wrote to highlight it.
C. At the top you will see a little chain link icon and a broken chain link icon. Click the chain link icon which opens the link editing window.
D. Just to the right of the Link URL textbox, there is a small browse icon. Click on that, and an upload file dialog appears.
E. Click on the browse button and browse to the pdf file on your computer, find the file, click on it to highlight it, and click on Open
F. Click the upload button and then the Insert button.?
Your link should now be added, and if you are through typing, proceed to 9
9. Click on Send and your message is sent!
Before you send it, you also can Preview it, and preview the members of your distribution list to make sure everything is ok.